Navigation skills of the birds and earth’s magnetic system are correlated. Natural electromagnetic radiation EMR and the earth-oriented magnetic vibration are directly proportional, whereas technology -induced EMR is inversely proportionalSainudeen Pattazky, an environment scientist and associate professor at S N College, Kollam, told IOI
Sparrows Have Disappeared
- The sparrows have disappeared completely from the cities at least four years ago in Britain, as mobile phones grew in popularity. Third generation (3G) mobile phones were introduced in 2003, and there were over 65 million users in the UK by the end of 2005, more phones than people (ISIS 2007)
- Scientists at the Research Institute for Nature and Forests in Brussels, Belgium, have produced the first evidence that mobile phone base stations are affecting the reproductive behaviour of wild sparrows. This finding comes as mobile phones are held suspect in the massive collapse of bee colonies all over the United States and Europe. Fewer house sparrow males were seen at locations within relatively high electric field strengths of GSM base stations (ISIS 2007)
White Stork, Young Birds Died
- Alfonso Balmori, a conservation biologist in Valladolid, Spain, reported a significantly lower number of white stork (Ciconia ciconia) fledglings in nests close to mobile phone transmitters compared to nests further away. (ISIS 2007)
- Balmori also found difference in how the birds behaved close to the phone antennae. Young birds died, and bird couples frequently fought while constructing their nests. Sticks fell to the ground, and the couple failed to make any headway. Some nests were never completed and the storks remained passively in front of the antennae. (ISIS 2007)
Millions birds died
- The observations in urban sparrows and the white stork population suggest that microwave radiation interferes with reproductive and more.
- Several million birds of 230 species die each year from collisions with telecommunications masts in the United States during migration. Accidents happen mainly in the night, in fog, or bad weather, when birds might be using the earth’s magnetic field for navigation and could be seriously disoriented by the microwave radiation from telecommunication masts. (ISIS 2007)
- Finally, chicken embryos exposed to microwave radiation from cell phones have shown both deformity and mortality.
zdroj: According to a report published on May 29th, 2007, entitled “Phone & Vanishing Birds”